Friday, April 4, 2008

The case of the missing click-pencil and pen

First to the missing pencil.

It so happens that unlike in college I wear tshirts and jeans, so that means no front pockets and I have to keep my pen and click pencil in my jeans pocket. Hence, every time I sit and cross my legs the pen and pencil are under tremendous stress, which may cause the pencil to penetrate the pocket and make a hole at the 'sharp' end of the pocket.

One fine morning (I happened to leave early) I got ready, put the pen and pencil in my pockets and walked off to college. Halfway through I put my hands into my pocket and find the pencil missing. Conclusion ----> it has fallen through the hole. So I switch the pen to the other pocket and decide to retrace my path to find that pencil. Now that pencil is special because it is a Reynolds side-click thin lead pencil, and though click pencils are available here I didn't want to go shopping for a side-click one. Off I go retracing my steps, crossing the road, right back home. No avail. Assumption---> someone must have kept it for themselves. With a heavy heart I head back to college.

Then I start thinking, if it had passed through a miniscule hole, it had to go down my pants, made its presence felt around my socks and then made a clunk noise when it fell to the ground. Nothing of that sort happened. Guess----> it must be at the bottom of my pants, just above my shoes. And that is where it was. The point is, since these are jeans, they make a closed tight fit around my shoes, so there was no way they would have fallen through. Thank God.

Now for the missing pen. Couple of days later, my pen went missing: I put my hands into my pocket, but the pen isn't there. It wasn't there at the bottom of my pants, I didn't want to go back all the way looking for the damn pen, so I let it go and managed the day with just the pencil. Turns out I had left the pen at home.

1 comment:

Maniac's story said...

Please use a pencil box or a pouch